topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Continued software development?  (Read 21938 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Continued software development?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 10:45 PM »

I suggest if he's out of the woodwork you tie shoelaces and ask him if you can put that into the help menu / about or something so it travels with the code and avoids annoying Murphy's Law scenarios later.

"Whatever you want" sounds very close to the thing on my Turbo Processor with fancier language "Copyrighted by ____, with all rights to continue further work with no royalties" or something. If he wants to release copyright, you need another message and another line in the About section.

The irritating thing is Software has a different culture than Movies, but Copyright has become the beast it is by them.

Asudem

• Joined in 2015
  • C# data manipulation junkie
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 12:14 AM »
I suggest if he's out of the woodwork you tie shoelaces and ask him if you can put that into the help menu / about or something so it travels with the code and avoids annoying Murphy's Law scenarios later.
Ya know, I planned on doing that from the beginning before I even made that topic. Of course I want to give him credit and I want to cover my own butt too, lol.
If I do it more than 2 times I want to automate it in C#!

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2015, 12:20 AM »
Woohoo!