topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 010 Editor 25% off through September 2013  (Read 5859 times)

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
010 Editor 25% off through September 2013
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Sweetscape is celebrating the 10th anniversary of 010 Editor by giving a 25% discount on new purchases and upgrades through the month of September.

This makes a single user license $97.46 for commercial purposes and $37.46 for home/academic use.

010 editor is not likely to replace your favorite text editor for programming (I continue to use Kedit and EditPad Pro for that), but the latest version is more than adequate as a text editor.  What sets it apart is that it can edit just about anything on one's computer, including binary files, disk sectors and even in-memory processes. It works well with, and converts between, many data types, and allows users to create templates to handle any it does not know.

It integrates nicely into the Explorer context menu and is very fast, even with huge files, which is why it has become my go to editor for most ad-hoc file viewing and editing.  Although I have only used it on Windows, it also runs on Mac OS-X and Linux (Ubuntu 10.4+).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:22 PM by xtabber »

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 010 Editor 25% off through September 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:34 AM »
010 Editor is on BitsDuJour today  (Oct. 3, 2013) at $19.95 for a home/academic license and $49.95 for a commercial license.

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:00 AM »
010 Editor is again available today at BDJ for $19.95 for home/academic, $49.95 for a commercial license.

Among other things, Version 6 adds full regex support across all find operations and a 64-bit executable.  It is also very, very fast, even on huge files.

As noted in my original post, this is not my main text editor for programming or writing, but it is an indispensable tool that I use nearly every day because of its ability to view, analyze and edit ANY file and its shell integration that makes it easy to do so.  That said, the current version is capable enough that I could use it as my primary editor if I were not wedded to Kedit and EditPad Pro after so many years.

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Thanks xtabber! It's hard to resist adding another editor to one's collection... very hard...  :D
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 12:53 AM »
Trying it out here, the interesting feature to me is how flexible binary templates appear to be.

My staple hex editor is HIEW, which may look a bit antiquated, but once you get to know it, is amazing for working with executables.