topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: change chrome browser fonts?  (Read 2409 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
change chrome browser fonts?
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:18 PM »
I am looking for a way to change the UI fonts in chrome browser without changing the theme or increasing the MessageBox font size in Windows.  The latter makes the chrome font larger but all dialog boxes get bigger too.  Not good.  :)

Ideally something like the Firefox theme font and size changer would exist for chrome.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: change chrome browser fonts?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01 PM »

Just for discussion, are you looking for the Chrome equivalent of the FireFox Tools/Options/Content --> Fonts settings?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: change chrome browser fonts?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:11 PM »

Just for discussion, are you looking for the Chrome equivalent of the FireFox Tools/Options/Content --> Fonts settings?

No.  I am looking to be able to change the fonts for the  UI elements of the browser itself.  Similar to Firefox theme font size changer AddOn.

The labels on the tabs aren't so bad.  But the statusbar font is a bit small.  On chrome forums they either say change the theme, which I could spend days doing without finding one where all is good, or change the Windows MessageBox text size.  The trouble with changing the MessageBox text size is message boxes for programs can then be larger than the desktop work area since they auto adjust to fit all the text in the box.

Edit: If I can't make the statusbar font larger even if I could change it to semi-bold it might make it easier to read.