topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is anyone doing this Bing Rewards thing?  (Read 3299 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is anyone doing this Bing Rewards thing?
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:17 AM »
I'm just curious if anyone really actively participates in this promotion because I'm trying it.  But it seems like it would take an investment of my time just to figure out if I ever get anything besides "points" out of it.  I remember when I first started getting credit cards.  I signed up for a Sky Miles card because in my naivety I thought 5,000 free sky miles meant I could travel 5,000 air miles free.  Uh uh.  I think it bought one change of business class to first class on one flight.

So, I'm just wondering if it's even worth setting Bing as default search engine.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is anyone doing this Bing Rewards thing?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:20 AM »
I'm just wondering if it's even worth setting Bing as default search engine.

I've been using Bing as my default search engine for the last 6 months or so and have been quite happy with it.

I'm just curious if anyone really actively participates in this promotion because I'm trying it.

This I decided was not going to be worth the effort. I did not try it...I just read through the spiel and decided not to.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Sounds about right.  Thanks :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:20 PM »
Sounds about right.  Thanks :)

This is one of those bonus things things that if you were going to perform the act anyway regardless of whether or not there was a reward, you may as well reap the reward as well. I wouldn't go out of my way & change my habits just to take advantage of the program.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 04:45 PM »
Sounds about right.  Thanks :)

This is one of those bonus things things that if you were going to perform the act anyway regardless of whether or not there was a reward, you may as well reap the reward as well. I wouldn't go out of my way & change my habits just to take advantage of the program.

I get your drift.  The thing is there is so much hype in everything they write that I can't tell what's going on.  Who was the guy who wrote the book about whipping Avis Car Rental into shape?  I forget but one of the things he insisted on was a goal for the company that would fit into a single declarative sentence with no sub clauses.  Something like "Our goal is to become the largest car rental company in the world."  Bing Rewards needs something that simple so I can tell if there is anything besides the hype.  Like "If you amass 2000 points we'll give you $20 worth of cheap electronic gear" or something.