topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: online charting or mind mapping that intregates with google drive  (Read 3201 times)

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am looking for some kind of app be it desktop, online or what that does flowcharting, mind mapping, or diagramming, whatever you want to call it.

I know a lot can be done with spreadsheets but I have no idea how to start.

all I want is boxes with names and phone numbers inside of them. I don't want lines connecting the boxes.  Just to be able to drag a shape, edit the text and add the next one.  I would like to see something that auto arranges.  Auto arrange by inserting a new box in between 2 existing and then it automatically moves the others to allow the new one to be in place just like the others.  Same thing when I would change the page margins or paper size.

It doesn't need a chromebook app to work, preferrably in the cloud and integrates with google drive.

I have looked at Mindmeister, Mindmup, Mindmaps, Gliffy, Lucidchart.  Lucidchart is the closest but it doesn't auto arrange.

Free would be wonderfull.

I am open to suggestions.

dave

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
Re: online charting or mind mapping that intregates with google drive
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:05 PM »
I know a lot can be done with spreadsheets but I have no idea how to start.

You could just use Google Sheets, and use one column for the names, and another for the phone number. Then you could sort them alphabetically. As for auto-adjusting, you could just insert a new row where necessary. It's also possible to highlight two cells and drag them around to a new position.

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:06 PM »
yeah, I had thought about that but they would something fancier.

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:06 PM »
It's not quite clear to me what your needs are. Is it for just a handful of contacts to remind yourself (like sticky notes on the desktop), or something that could grow into a database of hundreds of contacts?