topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is DoOver dead?  (Read 3700 times)

wysocki

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is DoOver dead?
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:25 PM »
20 years ago, I used Multiedit for programming and it had a recordable-on-the-fly macro feature that was stellar. Now I'm using other editors at work and they don't even have this feature! I downloaded "DoOver" and thought my problems were solved, however it's a little buggy. Like if I record the string <!--this is a test--> the exclamation point character is dropped in playback. I downloaded the latest version which is supposed to be v1.2 but the About in the program tells me it's version 1.0. It looks like scrommel hasn't done a lot of work lately. Is this dead? Is there another macro recorder that anyone can recommend?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is DoOver dead?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:56 PM »
I have little experience with this type of utility.  What I do in that case is check Gizmo's site:

http://www.techsuppo...recorder-utility.htm

It's a good idea to read the comments at the bottom of the article. Often another program is suggested that may be better, or closer to what you want then those profiled.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Crimson Editor has that feature, and is free; same for Notepad++ I think, though it's long since I tried it.

That link to Gizmo's site that MilesAhead posted seems mostly about hotkey programs.  You might be interested to review the short thread Anyone can recommend a good macro recorder for windows please?, where mouser gives this link to a Raymond.cc article, Top 10 Free Macro Automation Software for Computers to Perform Repetitive Tasks.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:43 AM »
20 years ago, I used Multiedit for programming and it had a recordable-on-the-fly macro feature that was stellar. Now I'm using other editors at work and they don't even have this feature! I downloaded "DoOver" and thought my problems were solved, however it's a little buggy. Like if I record the string <!--this is a test--> the exclamation point character is dropped in playback. I downloaded the latest version which is supposed to be v1.2 but the About in the program tells me it's version 1.0. It looks like scrommel hasn't done a lot of work lately. Is this dead? Is there another macro recorder that anyone can recommend?

Hi wysocki,

I sincerely hope  skrommel is taking his long due vacation and will come back. We have learnt many logic from his source codes.

He offers the AHK source and I had a look into it. The version number shown by exe, which you ran, is 1.0 because the code has that number. It was not updated, may be by mistake.

'!' sign most probably getting lost due to converted to 'ALT' key.

Regards,

Anand