topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FREE SAT testing/drilling and solutions (via Khan Academy).  (Read 4247 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Just received this email update from Khan Academy:
Exciting news: we’re partnering with the College Board so that all students who want to go to college can prepare for the SAT at their own pace, at no cost.

The College Board just announced that they’re redesigning the SAT for 2016, and we’re partnering with them to make free, world-class prep materials. Know anyone preparing for the SAT? Let them know:

or forward them this email

By spring 2015, students will have access to state-of-the-art, interactive learning tools that give them deep practice and help diagnose their gaps. All of this will be created through a close collaboration with the College Board specifically for the redesigned SAT. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, students taking the SAT in 2014/15 can start practicing today with hundreds of previously unreleased Math, Reading, and Writing questions from real SATs and more than 200 videos that show step-by-step solutions to each question:

Learn more about our SAT prep: www.khanacademy.org/sat

Our goal is nothing short of leveling the playing field for every student taking the SAT, so please help us reach as many people as possible.

Let's do this!

Elizabeth
Content Lead at Khan Academy

PO Box 1630, Mountain View, CA 94042

P.S. Anyone who needs to prepare for the SAT will be able to do so on Khan Academy for free. If you know anyone thinking about taking the SAT, share the news today.

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FREE SAT testing/drilling and solutions (via Khan Academy).
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:23 AM »
Wish I had access to stuff like this back when I was in high school...We were all thrown into the SAT testing without being given any idea what to expect, but that was a long time ago.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FREE SAT testing/drilling and solutions (via Khan Academy).
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:14 PM »
Yes, I recall the strife my American classmates had with SATs in high school. I reckon this Khan initiative is a superb improvement over the prevailing state of affairs. I am going to get my 12½ y/o daughter to register to access these tests. It should help her with her studies on the 3Rs in NZ.