AJC Active Backup Version 2.0.0 Released 21 Feb 2014
From the e-mail:
We have just released AJC Active Backup v2.0.11 after successful beta testing.
If you are a v1 user please reply to this and you can get a 30% discount for v2.
Download it from our web site but we would prefer if you can get it from Microsoft here to help our download count:
Just click on the purple "Get now" button.
If you feel appropriate you could give us a review on the "Reviews" tab which would be very helpful.
A few things have been added since our last news:
+ You can now pick an alternative external diff program.
+ A "saved me" button has been added to the toolbar so you can let us and your friends know if you have been saved from losing files.
For anyone who missed it, below are the AJC Active Backup details again:
Version control for your hard drive! Protects you while you work, from mistakes, file corruption and gives great peace of mind. A must for anyone who values their work.
AJC Active Backup constantly monitors your computer for changes to your files and archives them as soon as you save. It keeps multiple versions of these files in a compact archive because it only stores the changes each time. You can compare your files to earlier versions to see what has changed and go back to any version. It does not slow your computer down because you only backup important files.
AJC Active Backup v2 has the following improvements over v1:
- Complete rewrite with a modern UI.
- Restore partial file changes back from your archives using built in AJC Diff v2. This lets you edit files while you are comparing them.
- More visible overview of what folders you are monitoring for changes on the Home tab.
- List of recently archived files is now kept when restarting the application.
- Easier to set up and access file patterns etc.
- You can change options live without having to stop monitoring for changes.
- File patterns tester tool so you can test if a file will match your patterns.
- New archives explorer lets you navigate through your backup archives more easily.
- Its now easier to restore multiple files and you can see exactly where each file will go.
- Includes the new AJC Revision Archive v2 archive viewer.
- Compatible with AJC Sync backup archives.
- For programmers: AJC Diff v2 offers code syntax highlighting.
- For programmers: Visual Studio add in for you to access your archives more easily while you are coding.
- Diagnostics mode lets you see what is happening when a file is detected. This helps if you don't know why a file is being backed up.
From the e-mail:
Read more here:
IMPORTANT NOTE for Active Backup v1 users:
It is best to uninstall v1 before you install v2. When you are asked to choose the archive destination base folder it will be best to pick a new location because v2 will upgrade the archives to a newer format that v1 cannot use. This is just in case you want to go back to v1.