topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DesktopInfo  (Read 3176 times)

BoDuke

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DesktopInfo
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:54 PM »
DesktopInfo is a program that I have been using for years and was recently updated.  It's similar to SysInternals' BgInfo but I like that it is dynamic and can easily show the computer name, uptime, and other vital statistics.

This little application displays system information on your desktop in a similar way to some other desktop information tools. Unlike others, this application looks like wallpaper but stays resident in memory and continues to update the display in real time. Uses very little memory and nearly zero cpu. Perfect for quick identification and walk-by monitoring of production or test server farms. Everything is customisable including language.

desktopinfo.jpg
http://www.glenn.delahoy.com/software/

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DesktopInfo
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I started using DesktopInfo on my previous company's servers a few years ago. It's a good fast at-a-glance look at a box that worked well in that environment.

He had an updated version awhile back, but there was some feature that I had used that broke in it so I went back to the previous one. Can't quite remember what it was... maybe something about adding a line to display the logonserver which broke in the new version...
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DesktopInfo
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Downloaded
 :-*
No problems for me until the present.