topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: This belongs in Posting 101  (Read 2479 times)

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This belongs in Posting 101
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Can't seem to even compose it there.  The curser disappears and/or becomes unresponsive.
Maybe it's because that thread is over a year old and shows a red warning?  I have replied to other outdated topics with ease.
Maybe it's because I used Search to find Posting 101?  Also done this before with no issues.

This static-curser-thing has happened before but returned to my-normal while typing.

Any ideas?   :tellme:  My browser, machine, bad luck .. ?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: This belongs in Posting 101
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59 AM »
@C - I think it may be your machine. I just went over and everything works fine there for me.

Try closing and reopening your browser and try again.

Sometimes (very rarely) the forum gets confused about a posting, times out on the upload, and then won't let you post because it's still in limbo on the screen refresh. If that's the case, just copy what you wanted to post, go back to the forum home, then return to the topic, paste your comment back in and post it again.
Luck! :Thmbsup:.

crabby3

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: This belongs in Posting 101
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:05 AM »
@C - I think it may be your machine. I just went over and everything works fine there for me.

Try closing and reopening your browser and try again.

Sometimes (very rarely) the forum gets confused about a posting, times out on the upload, and then won't let you post because it's still in limbo on the screen refresh. If that's the case, just copy what you wanted to post, go back to the forum home, then return to the topic, paste your comment back in and post it again.
Luck! :Thmbsup:.

Before starting this topic I: closed browser, ran disk cleanup and deleted cookies, ran quick virus and mal scans.  (Nothing)
Just now tried again but no change.

The plot thickens... tried another outdated :-\ topic of mine 'ZOOM setting reminder', in General Software Discussions, and it works fine.
Maybe this is Area Specific@DC... for only me?  I dislike being the center of attention anywhere.  ;D  This is frustrating at best.

-------------
BTW maybe one of the admins can/will move this thread to Posting 101, where it really should be, and delete this sentence. =)