topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gridmove Top Right Corner issue  (Read 10623 times)

willhart

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gridmove Top Right Corner issue
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:12 PM »
Hey guys,

I love Gridmove.  I've tried to read the tutorial to try to change the grids, but I haven't found a solution.  I may not be reading it right.

I have a question, I use the "Drag windows to edge method" and it works great.  Accept when I go to the most top right of a maximized window to close the window.  I've developed the bad habbit of clicking and holding down the mouse button on the top right corner to close a window.  I do not always want to close the window, but now Gridmove takes over and tries to resize the window, but since I pressed the close button, it actually closes the window and tries to resize nothing anymore.

Does anyone know if this issue can be fixed through the .grid files(I've tried, but didn't understand what I was doing and just moved the grid window sizes, not the actual trigger areas)

Steps to reproduce:
1.) Set Gridmove to "Drag windows to edge method" in Windows 7
2.) Find a maximized window
3.) Go to the most top right corner of the screen, which is the close button
4.) Hold the mouse button down, and the screen will close and gridmove pops up and tries to resize the window that was closed.

Thanks guys, I know I need to stop my bad habbits, but it would be nice if this can be tweaked so it would happen.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gridmove Top Right Corner issue
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:04 PM »
Hi,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you refer to top-left corner of the window and not the top-right corner. That is, you're referring to the one that has the icon of the application and no the one with the close button. Is this right?
Actually, GridMove was designed to ignore that portion of the icon, but maybe it's miscalibrated?

willhart

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Hi jgpaiva,

I'm actually talking the top right hand corner of a normal fully maximized window.  Take Internet Explorer as example.  The most top right corner of the screen, if Internet Explorer (and most standard applications for windows) if clicked, will actually trigger close button of the application (the red X next to the Minimize and Maximize buttons).

Moving the mouse to the top right of the screen actually triggers the close of the application as well as gridmove to resize the window.  But the mouse up trigger must occur as gridmove shows its grid and the application is closed.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:10 PM »
That is strange, it definitely isn't supposed to happen. Can you open GridMove.ini with notepad and tell me what value you have for "TitleSize"?

willhart

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Hi jgpaiva,

TitleSize=100

The rest of the ini is below and I haven't changed anything.  I've tried to disable the grids on my main monitor, as I use this only on my secondary monitor, but it still triggers the close on my main monitor and puts the visual grid on my secondary monitor.

I still love this product.

[GridSettings]
GridName=Grids/3-Part.grid
GridOrder=2 Part-Vertical,3-Part,EdgeGrid,Dual-Screen
[InterfaceSettings]
LButtonDrag=0
MButtonDrag=0
EdgeDrag=1
MButtonTimeout=0.3
Transparency=200
[OtherSettings]
EdgeTime=1000
ShowGroupsFlag=1
ShowNumbersFlag=1
TitleSize=100
DisableTitleButtonsDetection=0
[ProgramSettings]
UseCommand=0
CommandHotkey=#g
UseFastMove=1
FastMoveModifiers=#
FastMoveMeta=
SafeMode=1
TitleLeft=24
Exceptions=QuarkXPress,Winamp v1.x,Winamp PE,Winamp Gen,Winamp EQ,Shell_TrayWnd,32768,Progman,DV2ControlHost
SequentialMove=0
DebugMode=0
[IniSettings]
iniversion=0

willhart

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:32 PM »
Also another note.  This is a Microsoft Windows feature.  I find it helpful, as I can blindly close a window by moving my mouse to the top right corner of a maximized screen.  I know iTunes for windows disables this feature.  

I don't think Apple does this by default as iTunes will not close by going to the top right of the screen and clicking the mouse button.  If there was some way to disable gridmove from triggering on my primary monitor that would be great too :)