topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shadow Defender Giveaway Today only  (Read 3627 times)

Creer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Shadow Defender Giveaway Today only
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:10 AM »
I am happy to announce our Shadow Defender Facebook Giveaway! To celebrate the launch of Shadow Defender on Facebook, Tony will be giving away a free license to the first 500 people who like the software!

So come on in, like us, and spread the word to your friends! Lets promote safer computing for everyone!

https://www.facebook...fender.Official.Page

IMPORTANT: DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS WILL BE IGNORED! THERE ARE SOME GREEDY FOOLS HERE AND BECAUSE OF THEM I MAY END UP BANNING LEGITIMATE USERS. IF YOUR POSTS SEEMS DUPLICATED, HAVE NO PROFILE PHOTO, OR OTHERWISE SEEMS 'DODGY' YOU'LL GET NOTHING!

VERY IMPORTANT: Everyone who likes the page should send me a PM. I will reply with A FREE SD code for the first 500 people. This is essential, IF YOU DON'T PM ME, THEN I WILL HAVE NO WAY OF SENDING YOU THE CODE IN PRIVATE.

Shadow Defender website: http://shadowdefender.com/

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shadow Defender Giveaway Today only
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:19 AM »
Sounds good. [edit] according to FB page, the giveaway is now over [/edit]

From the website:
Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activities and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activities and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

and on dc:
Actually, Shadow Defender is NOT a backup or an imaging tool : it's a software like Returnil or Microsoft Steady State : you can activate it, perform some tasks like installing and testing some software, driver update, etc.  At reboot, all changes are lost as if you never performed these tasks.  But if your HDD gets physically damaged, you will not be able to do anything without a real backup or image.
Tom