topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Browser based mental training for efficiency  (Read 2394 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Browser based mental training for efficiency
« on: June 06, 2013, 12:13 AM »
After slowly accumulating evidence that Pale Moon doesn't quite perform certain subtle things, right now for me mainline Firefox is clearly the better of the two for me.

So taking advantage of both the color coding of the icons and that they can each have a different home page, today I separated my favorite links into two categories - Serious and Fun. Traditionally all my life I get distracted by fun things, and it's finally starting to catch up to me in a bad way. So using a couple of cute little bits of psychology (and an hour cleaning up my comp desktop and home workstation!) I now have to make an actual decision to click the "Fun side" (Palemoon, Blue-ish), as a conscious choice when I have Serious things (Firefox, Reddish-Orangey) to be doing.

Just one more little tidbit in how to maximize the tools at hand!

Maybe this will help someone else. : )

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Browser based mental training for efficiency
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:19 AM »
After slowly accumulating evidence that Pale Moon doesn't quite perform certain subtle things

Would you care to share the evidence and what excatly are those "subtle things" with us? I'm genuinely interested since I use it as my main browser, and I'm always looking for opportunities to optimise my choice / workflow further.