topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Need a ccTalk Windows32 ActiveX control or DLL  (Read 5244 times)

DavidPaulsen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Need a ccTalk Windows32 ActiveX control or DLL
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Howdy,

I used to spend a LOT of time here so I know how things work. This is a not a coding snack; it's a paying job. I don't expect anything for free.  I have money and am willing to pay. 

I'm a Win32 software developer who writes kiosk software for a living -- think ATMs, with lots of hardware: bill acceptors, credit card validators, and coin acceptors.  Zillions of software interfaces to strange hardware. My stuff's established and ~5 years old, running at 40+ customer sites and everything's groovy.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM, AND WHAT I NEED HELP WITH

The vendor who supplies kiosks has changed coin acceptors to a new bulk-acceptor design (think baby CoinStar) and this thing requires a software interface written using a serial-port protocol called ccTalk: http://www.craneps.com/en/products/view/151

I require a Win32 ActiveX (COM) control or DLL I can call from another Win32 app that allows me to control a ccTalk compliant coin acceptor.  Alternatively, it could be compiled as a service that my app communicates with via TCP or named pipes or whatever... very flexible in this regard. 

I'll supply sample hardware and all the documentation you can stand; you'll do the coding and deliver a finished product with minimal documentation.  Additionally, if problems arise I'd like technical support after delivery until things are stable.

Why don't I just go BUY some ccTalk libraries?  I wish I could.  Despite the "open" nature of this spec, no vendor offers any pre-compiled libraries.  Those that do consider them proprietary and won't sell to people like me.  There exists a few half-completed python scripts and .NET projects floating around out there but nothing complete.

I'm an integration and GUI guy, not a low-level driver developer.  I've tried and failed to write my own ccTalk drivers.  So now it's time to find a gunslinger... somebody who can write this thing for me.  Even if you're not THAT guy/gal but you know somebody who ends up doing the work, I'll pay you a finder's fee.

Delivery time-frame and payment are entirely negotiable.  Obviously I need it fast but understand how this process works.

Obviously there is not enough information here to start anything, so please: ask me anything.

THIS IS ENTIRELY SERIOUS.  I have money and am not afraid to use it. :)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Need a ccTalk Windows32 ActiveX control or DLL
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:24 PM »
There exists a few half-completed python scripts and .NET projects floating around out there but nothing complete.
-DavidPaulsen (March 08, 2013, 09:58 AM)

The nbCcTalkCoinAcceptor project is based on a previously half-completed .NET project.

It was recently hosted upon GitHub, (25 Feb 2013 - original post here), and includes documentation and a sample VS project.

Is that of any use?