topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 11:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Uninstall old tclock, install Windows 8 Tclock10  (Read 6114 times)

bretsharon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Uninstall old tclock, install Windows 8 Tclock10
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I run Windows 8 and so far tclock10 isn't working. I think part of the problem is that I have installed old versions of tclock (2007) which apparently are loading but not working correctly. When I delete, messages says these are open and I should close them, but to close them I have to start them and check a box. I tried msconfig and task manager without success.  I suppose new tclock will run on Windows 8??

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Uninstall old tclock, install Windows 8 Tclock10
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Hm...

By Tclock10, are you referring to T-Clock 2010? Because that's not for Windows 8. It does run on it...(for the most part)...but there have been some issues reported with it becoming unresponsive. I am currently no-longer developing T-Clock due to time constraints.

T-Clock autoloads at Windows startup by placing a shortcut to itself in the startup folder (at user request). This is the only method it uses to load. If an alternate method to start it is used (and it's being unresponsive) it can be closed with the command line using the /exit switch (i.e. C:\T-Clock\Clock.exe /exit).

Other then that given that "open" doesn't necessarily have to mean running...another (security) application may have the clock files locked preventing their deletion.

bretsharon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Uninstall old tclock, install Windows 8 Tclock10
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28 PM »
removed perfectly....thank you