topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ten-Story Building In 48 Hours  (Read 2837 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ten-Story Building In 48 Hours
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:46 PM »

A 10-story building in India made headlines this week after it was reported to have been successfully constructed in only two days.

According to NDTV, the construction of the building, located in an industrial area in the city of Mohali, began on Thursday afternoon at 4.30 p.m. local time. It was reportedly completed on Saturday, also at 4.30 p.m.

Three cranes and over 200 workers, including technicians, worked "[a]round the clock" to complete the building, the Hindustan Times reports.

The building is said to have been constructed with pre-fabricated materials, including 200 tons of steel.

Entrepreneur Harpal Singh, the head of the infrastructure company Synergy Thrislington who conceived of the project, had previously promised that the building -- aptly dubbed "Instacon" -- would be finished in 48 hours. He had also said in an earlier interview that the structure would be the "first building of its kind in the country."

Quote and video link from: http://www.huffingto...edlinkusaolp00000003

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ten-Story Building In 48 Hours
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51 PM »
  I don't think I'd work or live in a 10 story building that was built in that short of a time.  I wonder how it would hold up against an earthquake.....

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:39 PM »
It depends. Not sure yet what they did about a foundation, but a couple of clues are "The building is said to have been constructed with pre-fabricated materials, including 200 tons of steel." and "200 workers". Most projects I knew at my last job only had teams of some 5 at a time, so the many hands bit makes it interesting.

And the Pre-Fab part, if it's for example huge blocks of pre-built modules, you'd save a month each because you just slot them together like lego-type blocks.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:43 PM »
This is not new, only slower.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.