topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: softonic-for-windows  (Read 3690 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
softonic-for-windows
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:25 PM »
I am not (yet) endorsing this brand new one, but merely informing about its existence:

softonic-for-windows: http://en.softonic.c...softonic-for-windows

Once you install Softonic on your PC, you’ll be able to:

• Discover great new software
• Easily update the software you already have installed
• Access amazing editorial reviews, tips, tutorials and videos
• Make lists of your favorite software and take it anywhere.

Discover new software:
Discover great software as well as amazing editorial reviews, tips, tutorials and videos right on your PC desktop.

Smart recommendations:
Softonic is very smart. Smart enough to recommend you software based on the software you already use and love. It doesn’t matter what you use your PC for, with Softonic you will be able to find new software from the huge selection of the Softonic catalogue. Right from your desktop. It’s similar to an app store but the software on our catalog is handpicked by expert editors who go through all the trouble of finding only the best for you. The Softonic Editors share their expertise with Featured Lists. You can browse through them and follow the ones you like based on categories and topics you will surely enjoy.

Organize your favorite software:
With easy to use, drag and drop lists, you can save your favorite software and arrange it whichever way you like, so if there’s ever a problem with your computer you won’t have to start from scratch. Your software lists are automatically synched when you log into Softonic for Windows. So if you get a new PC or you want to show your friends the software you use the most, just start Softonic for Windows and you will be able to download everything again.

Software updates:
Softonic will let you know when there’s a new version for the software you have already installed on your PC. Updating your software has never been easier or faster. Stop worrying about looking for updates and new versions, Softonic does all the work so you can enjoy your favorite software. Once you get an automatic notification, with just a few clicks, you will start downloading the update straight from Softonic.

Expert editors:
Softonic Editors try out, test, analyze and review over 160,000 software titles and apps to hand-pick only the very best. Their unbiased and independent reviews will help you decide what software is right for you making finding the right software faster than on traditional app stores.

Multimedia galleries:
Still not sure what to download? Take advantage of Softonic multimedia galleries with video tutorials and screenshots to help you make up your mind on what software to download.

User created content:
Browse through user opinions, ratings, questions and answers to see what people just like you are downloading and what works for them. You can also participate and become an active member of the Softonic Community.

Virus free:
Our software catalog is scanned by 30+ antivirus, offering you 100% safe downloads.

homepage: http://en.softonic.c...softonic-for-windows

help & support: http://support.softo...softonic-for-windows
-Softonic

I have not tested it, but I expect many "recommended" apps will turn out to be shareware.
How else should this freeware be funded?  :-\

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: softonic-for-windows
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:52 PM »
I have not tested it, but I expect many "recommended" apps will turn out to be shareware.
How else should this freeware be funded?  :-\

What I'm thinking is it's probably loaded with adware and most likely phones home everything you have installed on your computer.  Not something I would trust without a review from a trusted source.

But that's just me....wearing my tin hat and all....   :D

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: softonic-for-windows
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:50 AM »
   and most likely phones home everything you have installed on your computer. 

... that's kind of the idea with the program, isn't it.