topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Keyboard navigation keys to mimic the action of drag or swipe  (Read 13112 times)

siddhu.iam

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is mainly to play touchscreen games like temple run or subway surfers on the big hd screens of computers using keyboard controls.
My rough algorithm is:

if input is ( 'left' key ),
output is (move pinter to centre of screen , then hold LeftMouseButton, then move mouse pointer about 2 centimeters to left, then release LeftMouseButton)

if input is ( 'up' key ),
output is (move pinter to centre of screen , then hold LeftMouseButton, then move mouse pointer about 2 centimeters upwards, then release LeftMouseButton)

if input is ( 'right' key ),
output is (move pinter to centre of screen , then hold LeftMouseButton, then move mouse pointer about 2 centimeters to right, then release LeftMouseButton)

if input is ( 'down' key ),
output is (move pinter to centre of screen , then hold LeftMouseButton, then move mouse pointer about 2 centimeters downwards, then release LeftMouseButton)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Keyboard navigation keys to mimic the action of drag or swipe
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30 AM »
I don't think that is possible. It sounds like you're mixing mobile and desktop platforms, then mixing input sources. The first problem is that you can't run mobile apps on the desktop. Well, without an emulator, and then you have to deal with the emulator, which would already have input rules. Maybe I'm not understanding something though...
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

siddhu.iam

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Keyboard navigation keys to mimic the action of drag or swipe
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:52 AM »
I'm already running those apps with Intel AppUp, and they are running very smoothly unlike the case of an emulator. They dont even need to be opened from the emulator, they can be just run from the desktop.
If you still think its too hard, try atleast this: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=32769.0

bugmagnet

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sounds feasible. I coded an app a while back to move the mouse pointer around in the systray to cause refresh of the icons therein.

What version of Windows are we talking about here?

Kind regards,
Bugmagnet

siddhu.iam

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
We're talkin'bout win7/8... It'd e great if you can do it... I found out after posting this question that even a lot of my friends would appreciate such feature, so it can become popular with reasonable promotion.