topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to live stream a video fundraising event to 100+ people for free?  (Read 4565 times)

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I have decided to help this wonderful project of a school for poor girls in Thailand at indiegogo.

One of the things I would like to organise is a live fund raising event streamed over the internet for potential donors.

So: How do I live stream a video fundraising event over the internet to 100+ people for free?

I would really appreciate your help.
Regards, Brahman

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to live stream a video fundraising event to 100+ people for free?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Usually, a good way is to simply approach a company that offers a streaming service and ask for their help. A single event, ~100 people viewing.. it's chump change compared to some good publicity about helping a charity like that.

Mind you, you will still need a webmaster and other infrastructure to actually make a technical platform your event is based of off. Think of things like: donating online, somewhat professional looking video-editing, a big enough (and stable) pipe of internet connectivity capable of supporting your video stream, etc.

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:07 AM »
I have been doing some research of my own now, and it seems that Banckle.com could do what I want and they have a free 14 day trial too.

Does anyone have experience with Banckle (in particular for video streaming from my webcam)?
Regards, Brahman

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:20 AM »
Found another one that may fit the bill:
http://www.tokbox.co...ok/plugnplay#TokShow

Anyone ever used this service?
Regards, Brahman

mzameta

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I found this discussion bit late, but actually we've just launched a service that allows for creating a live streamed events for free, - events can be free or paid (if you want to donate all earnings). It works with all major ovp platforms, including livestream and youtube. You can create a beautiful pre-booking page, you will see all stats on the attendance, traffic, prebooking number and so on.

Here's the link to the landing page of the product - feel free to check it out: http://cleeng.com/live