topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Major ISPs to implement "Six strike" rule  (Read 22220 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Major ISPs to implement "Six strike" rule
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Send a message to the ISPs about backing down from the rule:

http://act.demandpro...Go&source=mailto

(Good Plan!) Already did it...I'm on the mailing list (Renegade's fault).  :Thmbsup:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19 PM »
"So it goes," as Kurt once said. ;D

As in Kurt Vonnegut. I believe that was in the Dangerous Visions anthology. Much more starts to get NSFW.

It was Kurt Vonnegut - but it was the ongoing refrain he used in Slaughterhouse Five. :-*

For those who don't know, Dangerous Visions was Harlan Ellison's controversial sci-fi short story anthology series.  :-*

Vonnegut appeared in the second collection (released in 1972 under the title Again, Dangerous Visions) Kurt's contribution was a piece called The Big Space F***. In this story he used "and so on" as his refrain. Not one of his better efforts IMHO. It's very 70s. But so it goes. 8)

Full text here if anybody feels like reading it. It's short. ;D

------------------

@Tao - I'm impressed! Relatively few people know that Vonnegut appeared in a Dark Visions collection.  :Thmbsup: I take it you're a sci-fi buff?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:27 PM by 40hz »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 03:36 AM »
@Tao - I'm impressed! Relatively few people know that Vonnegut appeared in a Dark Visions collection.  :Thmbsup: I take it you're a sci-fi buff?

I used to be, with a specialty in older SF from second hand stores. From that it morphed more into a Harlan Ellison specialty because his storytelling cadence was different from anyone else's I'd ever seen. Briefly, Ellison was really good at complex emotional depictions. It became my own personal version of a scavenger hunt because his books were tricky to track down in those days.

Nowadays I've been posting more online, though I have a feeling fairly soon that I'll be reading a bit more again.