Here's some general comments and instructions:
- Copy and rename and you can watch additional programs (simply configure the additional ini file)
- It also works nicely with OpenOffice (classname is SALFRAME)
- Set up to autostart at windows boot (and configure tray icons to be fully hidden)
- Pressing Ctrl-S will activate the first of the windows that needs attention (unless it's in the foreground already), press Ctrl-S
again to save (super ergonomic!
). (If more than one window has been detected (as shown in the box), you may want to go through all opened Windows that need care in terms of saving.)
- Sending Ctrl-S directly to the application is _generally_ something unreliable and will also interfere with your work. This program is _the best you can get_ in terms of saving your work regularly, unless the program you use has a good built-in autosave function.
- You may want to combine this program with commercial programs like e.g. SecondCopy. You'll have e.g. 25 former versions, with e.g. 10 minutes of work between each.
- I have been using and testing this beautiful script and it works like a charm and has actually prevented data loss for me. It is as unobstrusive as it can be, and did not interfere with work at all.
- You must can use e.g. the window spy function of ahk (right click AHK tray icon) to find out the classname of your program.
##however, the window spy function has been forgotten to be shown in meReminder's tray context menu (@skwire -> you may want to add this.) Anyway, otherwise just install AHK and just use Window Spy from its startmenu group.
- For testing, you can set the ini file to e.g. IntervalMins=0.1 so it will pop up the saving reminder every 6 seconds.
- If this program saved you from data loss or if it helps you to regularly save/and or backup your work, please consider showing some appreciation to skwire by means of a small donation (like I did), I am really so happy with this little program, thanks skwire!!!
Here's some tags: save, remind, autosave, save reminder, regularly, intervals; here's some German tags: Speichern, Speicher-Erinnerung, ans Speichern erinnern, Erinnerungsprogramm, regelmäßige Erinnerung