topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Ripping My DVD Collection  (Read 18217 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ripping My DVD Collection
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 09:08 PM »
Another alternative is book storage for your DVDs - you can buy storage solutions that pack hundreds on indexed CDs and DVDs into scratch resistant and chemically stable sleeves together with inlay cards and booklets. You do have to be organised (I'm not and that is why I gave up on it) but it can reduce the clutter enormously.

How about these:

http://www.amazon.co...pacity/dp/B004CYR166

(this isn't the storage system I was thinking of, as it doesn't store the paper work, but it stores lot of disks in a small space).
-Carol Haynes (July 29, 2012, 08:15 PM)

The DiskSox are about as small as I want to go.  I like that it still looks like the DVD with paperwork and all, but in a smaller space.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ripping My DVD Collection
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Another alternative is book storage for your DVDs - you can buy storage solutions that pack hundreds on indexed CDs and DVDs into scratch resistant and chemically stable sleeves together with inlay cards and booklets. You do have to be organised (I'm not and that is why I gave up on it) but it can reduce the clutter enormously.
-Carol Haynes (July 29, 2012, 08:15 PM)

I wish the free db programs you can get now were around when I started buying CDs. If I could have entered the CDs in as I went along I might have kept up with them. Those aren't in too bad a shape because I bought those already assembled wooden Fellowes turrets 240 CD capacity.  Unfortunately Fellowes stopped making them. Now if you don't feel like assembling them yourself you have to shell out over $200 ea.  I think back in the day the Fellowes already assembled sold for about $74 ea. in the CD stores.

I got a DJ case for my DVDs but it took years just to fill up the 600 capacity one.  Too tedious even when the movie data is filled in "automatically."  Now if I was that guy in the movie Limitless I'd come up with a truly brilliant solution.... pay somebody else to do it. :)