topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A roaring nuisance with Aurora 15  (Read 3394 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A roaring nuisance with Aurora 15
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:56 AM »
I'm getting a daily reminder to update my copy of Aurora.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Aurora.pngA roaring nuisance with Aurora 15

Thx

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A roaring nuisance with Aurora 15
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:55 PM »
Well, this might be the department of "What is the question?". Aurora is the build that's supposed to be updated even faster than Beta - it's supposed to be the more stable cousin of Nightlies.

There were a couple of builds I wanted Aurora on, but then all the features I wanted got pushed eventually to the stable builds, so yes, I agree the updating finally became annoying for me too.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Well, this might be the department of "What is the question?". Aurora is the build that's supposed to be updated even faster than Beta - it's supposed to be the more stable cousin of Nightlies.

Thanks for waking me up! I see that I deployed my customary level of ineptitude when I posted my question.

I meant that my copy of Aurora is at 15.0a2, and reports itself as such. Despite that I get daily prompts to update to 15.0a2.
So, even with a fast updating cycle, I had expect to see some change in the version ID. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. Next time I should check the file sizes etc. pre/post updating.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:20 PM »

They might do updates without changing the ID every time, especially if they have some pattern like a version number means new features, but a bug fix/security patch build might not. But anyway, Aurora is a high speed updating version, so in one sense ID's don't even matter. If you're not hotly following some specific new feature, just roll back down to the stable releases. Those are coming out so much faster than before anyway (much to the chagrin of a chunk of the FF userbase.)