topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trello - Project / Todo Management  (Read 4510 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Trello - Project / Todo Management
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:37 AM »
Noone here using trello?

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

I'm using it at work to keep an overview of all the projects that we are working on, and it is really intuitive like that.
We use one board. We currently have 6 lists (Inbox, in planning, in progress, in testing, done, postponed). 3 labels (scheduled, priority, nice to have). Each project is a card, it belongs optionally to one or more labels, but always to one of the lists.

With the features of activity messages, checklists and due dates this allows us to keep on top of things. It works well in addition to a helpdesk because there are no reports options and it's not a communication tool.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trello - Project / Todo Management
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 04:52 AM »
Looking good, but after using Jira for a couple of years, I'd say it's a bit too simple for our (business)needs.

For DC-collaboration projects it would be very useful, I'd say :Thmbsup:. I'll try it for the next project I'll be doing here :up:

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:03 AM »
Yes I have to add I'm part of a team of two web developers with a manager, so 3 people using this board :) It's not a helpdesk / ticketing system, it's more higher level it can replace those "status meetings" where you get asked what you did all week and where you are with such and such project.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:55 AM »
Noone here using trello?

Never heard of it, but it looks handy as hell.

Thanks!

Gwen7

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17 AM »
it is handy. But it has two major flaws afaic. 1- it wastes too much screen space with that huge panel on the right hand side. a menu, string of icons, or a ribbon across the top would be better. 2 - you can't completely delete a list once it's created. understandable in a group situation. but unnecessary and annoying if you're a single user. my other major concern is that it's free. i always worry about getting too vested in something without a price tag. I always worry they'll suddenly start charging and the price will be higher than what it's worth to me to keep it. i'd rather have to pay up front, or know what the non-free version will cost *before* i get too far into it. but maybe thats just me. ;-)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Archive or export the list?