topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Triniault - another program similar to F&RR  (Read 4255 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Triniault - another program similar to F&RR
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Triniault, yet another app that I am debating trying at: http://trininaut.sourceforge.net/. It's in beta and is written as a Quicksilver (Mac app with a fanatical following) analog for Windows, though the author admits to not having used Quicksilver. There's a user forum here http://trininaut.sourceforge.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=d18950d892d6fbf6d765b6833d587754 that's been live for about 5 days and so far has 3 postings, all from the author!

Triniault appears to differ from F&RR in that it indexes the user's hard drive when first run and then updates itself periodically after that. Looks like I'm going to have to download and try if I am to make any sort of a meaningful comment on it.

Downloading now...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Triniault - another program similar to F&RR
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:57 PM »
OK, first my spelling is atrocious -it's Trininaut. Second, I think I just set a record. I downloaded and started up trininaut (no installation, just unzip the files into a folder and run the exec) and let it index my 80GB harddrive. Pros: indexing was quick. Cons: everything else... It will launch executables but evidently not open files or folders. As I COULD NOT get to the settings dialog and as I had to kill the process via Task Manager - not being able to use the method described on the app's homepage, I've already given up and deleted it. When running, it uses about 17 MB of RAM.

I'll drop the author a note outlining my experience but this is far, far, far from being in F&RR's league!

YMMV,

Mike

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Triniault - another program similar to F&RR
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:39 PM »
looks good but i doubt that i will try it... i'm fused to f+rr for now :Thmbsup: