topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CLOSED: Call for beta testers: DNSCrypt for Windows  (Read 3426 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
CLOSED: Call for beta testers: DNSCrypt for Windows
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:15 PM »
OpenDNS's latest newsletter makes a call for application ß-testers:
DNSCrypt for Windows: After weeks of searching for the perfect candidate to build DNSCrypt for Windows, our own Senior Software Engineer Geoff Townsend took on the challenge. In a matter of days he had the client ready and we recently announced a call-for-beta-testers-dnscrypt-for-windows/]call for beta testers[/u]! It won't be long before everyone can use the revolutionary DNSCrypt. Stay tuned here for updates on the full release.

The link takes you to an OpenDNS blog entry that has an application form (the form uses Google docs forms).

I had been skeptical that this would occur, but maybe I misjudged the thing:
The OpenDNS experiment to offer PC-to-DNS node encryption - added to existing node-to-node encryption, and currently only available in ß on Mac, not Windows - must be scaring the pants off the Establishment. Anarchy must not be tolerated. Regulation will be necessitated.
This OpenDNS venture could be quietly shut down as it "Didn't work very well", or something. Or maybe the encryption keys will be stored by a government department - same difference.

Anyway, here's hoping.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:21 PM by IainB »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Call for beta testers: DNSCrypt for Windows
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:45 PM »
DNSCrypt sure looks useful. FYI there's already another thread with some discussion about this:

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30362.0

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CLOSED: Call for beta testers: DNSCrypt for Windows
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:20 PM »
DNSCrypt sure looks useful. FYI there's already another thread with some discussion about this:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=30362.0
Ah! Thanks for that @Deozan - I knew it had been discussed, but I had not read the rest of the thread where you provide the link.
Nor was I aware that - from the thread you link to - you could already get your hands on the ß Windows code, without being an offcial ß tester.
I shall cross-post this to the link you give.

So, this thread can be closed.