topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PlayTime Extension  (Read 4097 times)

Miguel.2007

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PlayTime Extension
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:25 AM »
Hello.  I have a blind friend who is very much into music and who uses PlayTime extensively to assemble tracks into CD-sized collections.  She just loves that "F1 - say total time" feature.  In the past she used Windows Media Player to the burn these collections to CD.  The latest versions of Media Player have, however, made it very difficult to use for blind people and I was wondering how much of a production it would be to add a "Burn Files to Disc" option to PlayTime.  We would very much appreciate any help.  Mike.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PlayTime Extension
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Hello.  I have a blind friend who is very much into music and who uses PlayTime extensively to assemble tracks into CD-sized collections.  She just loves that "F1 - say total time" feature.

I remember adding that feature hoping she'd get some use out of it.   :D

In the past she used Windows Media Player to the burn these collections to CD.  The latest versions of Media Player have, however, made it very difficult to use for blind people and I was wondering how much of a production it would be to add a "Burn Files to Disc" option to PlayTime.  We would very much appreciate any help.  Mike.

It wouldn't be a five minute affair, I'll say that.  However, since PlayTime can export the list in .m3u format, it would probably be easier to use any of the myriad of burning apps out there that can import the m3u playlist file and burn the tracks to CD format.  I'm sure you're aware, but you can also move the list rows up and down in PlayTime before you export (to give you a custom order).

Miguel.2007

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Thanks very much for the response.  I rather thought that it might be a substantial ask.  And thanks for the suggestion re using the .m3u output feature of PlayTime to feed another burning program.  I will follow this up; the problem, as always, is finding something that will behave properly with her screen reading program.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:22 PM »
If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll try to come up with something.

Miguel.2007

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Will do.  Thanks again.

Mike.