topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Surfulater 50% Discount on 30 Aug 11  (Read 4376 times)

Ennovy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Surfulater 50% Discount on 30 Aug 11
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Surfulater 50% discount at BitsDuJour.

The promotion is on Tuesday 30 August, 2011 and will run for 24 hours.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Surfulater 50% Discount on 30 Aug 11
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34 PM »
After reading about it here on DC recently (and earlier) was really intrigued, might have to take up offer. Thanks.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Thanks for the info.

A question about the software itself : when I try to add http://www.lg.com/fr...lephones-mobiles.jsp, (Add article + page by r-clicking on the corresponding IE page), the stored page is missing a lot of info.  I have chose a LG site because it's difficult for most software to capture it.

Is there a setting that would improve the capture ?

Thanks.
.merle1.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:11 AM »
I must admit I haven't used Surfulater that much recently, mostly because the Chrome addon keeps mysteriously disappearing :(.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Maybe because chrome get
I must admit I haven't used Surfulater that much recently, mostly because the Chrome addon keeps mysteriously disappearing :(.

Maybe because Chrome is updated in background quite often and the extension is removed then ?!

One more precision about trying to load LG.com pages in Surfulater : after being loaded, when I re-open them, it generates a lot of "Stack Overflow" in IE, I have to discard the error windows ten times or so, then only a few images are loaded.

The only Web Capture tool I know that store these pages correctly so far is Local Website Archive (Aignes.com).  It probably lacks all the nice metadata handling from Surfulater, but it does store pages correctly.
.merle1.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:26 AM »
A question about the software itself : when I try to add http://www.lg.com/fr...lephones-mobiles.jsp, (Add article + page by r-clicking on the corresponding IE page), the stored page is missing a lot of info.  I have chose a LG site because it's difficult for most software to capture it.

Is there a setting that would improve the capture ?

I just tried to capture the page via right-click using Firefox 6.  I think I got it all, though it lines up vertically each of the versions of each picture.  It's not pretty, but I think I've captured all the text and all the graphics. 

As for a setting that would improve the capture, that's probably a good question for Neville Franks, the developer.  He can be reached via the Support page of the Surfulater website.