topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA - way to make hotkeys script temporarily "labile" to port to other users  (Read 2890 times)

Uncle Larry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi - I use hotkeys to automate stuff at work, where we all (120+ employees) work on an IE app that requires entry of data, waiting for screen changes, switching to other apps and pasting data, etc.  I've got some things well-automated on my machine.  Problem is everyone has a slightly different configuration and most all have zero native ability to re-configure a script to their machine.  

What I'm looking for is the rough shell of a script, that on first-run on user's machine, it would ask simple questions or give simple instructions as it progressed, to obtain the references it needs to "gel" into a workable code on that users machine.  

Sounds much more complicated than a "snack", but wanted to get the idea in writing so it could be fleshed out.  Hopefully, this is not something long ago figured out by folks smarter than me!

Larry

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Maybe I am missing something, but I think it would be very script specific.  Perhaps make a GUI/menu/whatever for your current scripts asking about the variables?  That would be my only thought.