topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Launchbars docked to specific windows  (Read 3049 times)

poyan

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • DentalTrauma.info
    • Donate to Member
Launchbars docked to specific windows
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Hi,
I don´t know whether this is the right section, however, LBC might be a basis...

I already proposed to have some docks which are specific for certain programs.
https://www.donation...ion=post;topic=23567
I use a lot of little helpers, mostly self written scripts, to enhance the functionality of quite a number of programs which do not offer hotkeys for menu items which I need quite often, or some formatting needs 4 mouseklicks...
At the moment I use some docks (see above link for further information) which I change according to the actual window - by striking a hotkey, and the docks are located at the side of the screen. Thus, it is a long way for the mouse to travel to the dock and then back again, at least on a monitor of a certain size....

What I´m thinking of: placing buttons in the title line of a window - of course specific for that window. If the window is activated or launched, also the extra-buttons are accessible, if the window is closed or minimized, also the buttons disappear. If the window is moved around, the buttons will move as well...  It is like a programmable command bar for every program, even if the program is not offering this feature by itself.

Thus, one would have a dock somewhere on the side, or as a popup menu, for general purposes (launching the programs, ...) and additionally program-specific docks (unlimited in number) located in the title line, or at the left or right border, whereever they do not disturb.

poyan