topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Deduplication, encryption, security and... Dropbox  (Read 45195 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Deduplication, encryption, security and... Dropbox
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Thing is: it looks to me like many iPad apps have Dropbox support built into them.

Gizmo posted about Pancake.io ("The easiest way to publish on the web"): "Publish a Web Site From Your Free Cloud Storage Account": http://www.techsuppo...-storage-account.htm

Anyone can learn to make a pancake. And now anyone can make a web site. We're the easiest way to create and maintain a web page.

All you need to do is create a text file, and save it into the special Pancake folder in your Dropbox account. We'll turn that file into a web page for you.

The best part? Updating your page is as easy as opening the text file up in Notepad, TextEdit or your favorite text editor, making the changes you want, and saving the file. Your website gets updated automatically.

We'll even take care of the formatting for you if you follow a few simple rules.
-Pancake

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Deduplication, encryption, security and... Dropbox
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Hey, something else I found out about Microsoft SkyDrive: You get 5 GB of storage free, and if you already had a SkyDrive account set up you can claim another 20 free GB as a "legacy user", meaning that you have used SkyDrive for "a long time", whatever the hell that means. Anyway I went and clicked the button to upgrade and now I have 25 GB free storage there.   :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/loyalty

Jim