topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SOLVED: New Folder by F-key for Windows 7  (Read 21297 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SOLVED: New Folder by F-key for Windows 7
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Here's something interesting.  Following a post I found on ahk forum, hitting Windows-d key to minimize all windows sets desktop to WorkerW. I tried it and it shows in the spy. Seems to create a new folder then too.  So unless somebody has evidence it's broke, I assume it's "working as designed" now. :)

Strange goings on. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:50 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Ok I've taken another approach.  The download now includes 7FolderLite.exe including source. It does not use the class name at all to limit the hotkey. Use it as last resort in cases where the Desktop class name is not predictable.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29 PM »
Well, not to upset you, but since using 1.5, all is working fine now :-[ hadn't thought you where still looking for a solution, as imho it's fixed, but I now realize I didn't post that here... sorry :-[ :-[

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Well, not to upset you, but since using 1.5, all is working fine now :-[ hadn't thought you where still looking for a solution, as imho it's fixed, but I now realize I didn't post that here... sorry :-[ :-[

Not at all.  I got some feedback on other boards.  Mainly because someone was using a highly customized shell.  Rather than chase around I figured I'd just include one with no class distinctions(pun intended.)  :)

I appreciate the feedback you gave earlier. It was very helpful. :)