topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: sstoggle2  (Read 4686 times)

slowmaker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Reinventing the wheel can be fun!
    • View Profile
    • rambling-nerd
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
sstoggle2
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:47 AM »
A long, long time ago (2002 feels like a long time ago, anyway), I wrote a little tray app called Screen Saver Toggle. It worked well enough, but time revealed some issues which, with the passage of a great deal more time, I got around to addressing. And here 'tis.

It does what you would expect from the name, blocks/unblocks the screensaver; it was originally unique in that it was the only utility like this (that I knew of) that did the job simply and quickly, one click and you were done. Nowadays there are several similiar apps that are just as quick and easy. Nevertheless, I'm still fond of the ol' app, so I updated it.

It has retained the 'simple and quick' characteristics, and done them one better: mouse-o-phobic users can call it from scripts now to toggle it or force the screensaver, or whatever, which means it can be tied to a hotkey, or made part of a command file sequence of events.

WinXP Home SP3 - PSPad 4.5.4

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: sstoggle2
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:54 AM »
thanks for sharing! this will come in handy in due time, i guess. :up: