topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Major feature instead of new up for NANY?  (Read 24027 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Major feature instead of new up for NANY?
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 02:05 AM »
You don't think that doing a wrap up of the previous year's achievements wouldn't work? for which badges could also be given??

Seems to me that reminding people of the great benefits of DC have given over the past 12 months could have lots of nice follow ons...

Edit: Agreed -- another competition wont work so close...

This was why I had suggested that in the week or month leading up to the day of all the NANY excitement, apps released over the course of the year should be showcased, especially the ones that might not have received much attention, that should.

A sort of shower of software that builds up to the new year and new stuff. Think of it like a fireworks show, with the NANY releases being the big finale at the end.

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 02:59 AM »
A sort of shower of software that builds up to the new year and new stuff. Think of it like a fireworks show, with the NANY releases being the big finale at the end.

Yes... it's been my goal since that discussion: I love the fireworks analogy... I've been using the word Celebration, hopefully approaching the same effect  ;)

Not sure how well that works with the March anniversary though.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08 AM »
Not sure how well that works with the March anniversary though.

Ahhh...March is when you have 6 years worth of stuff to work with, instead of just 1 year.  ;)