topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?  (Read 34542 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I'm ambidextrous though I admit I have developed a preference for the right hand. I actually used both hands somewhat equally when I was very young. When I started school I would practice my printing with one hand and then switch to the other when the first got tired! However the Sisters of St. Joseph were convinced that left-handedness was devilish, and so they would use a belt to strap my left hand to my thigh, thus forcing use of my right hand.

(This is why I laugh derisively   ;D ;D ;D   when "waterboarding" is called "torture"; had the Gitmo detainees been subjected to "discipline-by-nun" I would have been much more sympathetic...)

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: Duhhh... that was my LEFT hand they strapped down....   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:17 PM by J-Mac »

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2011, 04:22 PM »

The question is. Do I now hunt for a second used MX Revolution on eBay (to use on my secondary pc), pay more than it's worth, and then decide I don't like it - again, and finally end up getting a trackball or something else I'll worry about.

Although I don’t use the MX Revo anymore - too damned many have failed on me - I always had a few on hand at my house. I used Web Site Watcher to keep an eye on pricing at Amazon, Newegg, and a couple other sites and only purchased one when the price went below $50. This was back when it was fairly new and very popular and sold normally for ~$90 new. Every once in a while one shop or another would have a sale and I would pick up one or two, depending on how low the price was.

Thanks!

Jim

That's a very good idea, J-Mac. Maybe I'll try something similar, hunting for a cheap(er) Logitech MX Performance mouse.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2011, 04:38 PM »
While primarily a lefty/south paw/evil one (according to J-Mac's nuns), I am ambidextrous which was quite handy back when I was a mechanic. I can do just about anything with either hand, however I am faster with my left on everything except using a mouse. I always use a mouse with my right hand.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2011, 05:22 PM »
I'm right handed, but to eat, always use a fork in my right hand, knife in my left. Living in the UK this makes me some kind of vulgar freak. I say "living in the UK" as I assume other countries don't expect every right handed person to eat using a fork in their left hand.

I've never understood this bizarre tradition. Let's teach everyone to use a fork in their left hand if they are right handed - what lunatic decided that was the right thing to do.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I've never understood this bizarre tradition. Let's teach everyone to use a fork in their left hand if they are right handed - what lunatic decided that was the right thing to do.

So... I guess this wouldn't be the best time to ask you what you think about the "pinky in the left ear and haughty giggle" thing either.  :P

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 05:39 PM »

Fork vs. knife - Fork creates smaller lacerations on error... (win)

:D

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Fork? Knife?  Just make everything "finger food"!

Jim

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Fork? Knife?  Just make everything "finger food"!

Jim

As apposed to food fingers..?