topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Search Issue  (Read 3515 times)

seurat01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Search Issue
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:18 AM »
When I bring up FARR the search box retains whatever I've most recently copied.  For example, if I type "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their countrymen" in an application and then use right click to copy it for whatever reason FARR later pops up with "search now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their countrymen" in the search box.  I have two questions:

1.)  Why is the search box popping up with the word "search" in it?
2.)  Why is the search box picking up whatever I've copied previously?

I'm thinking that there is probably a shortcut for clearing the search box, but I haven't found it yet.  This is making the program unusable since I now have to manually clear the search box to enter my search term.

I was encountering this before I recently upgraded to the latest release so it's not likely related to the version.  I've tried checking the various options in the program and researching the forum but I haven't found this problem yet so I'm hoping someone will be able to provide some insight.

Thanks,

Wayne

awaymouser

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Search Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:48 AM »
go to the hotkeys tab of options, you'll see that there is a hotkey for bringing up farr (with cleared search results), and a hotkey for copying whats under cursor and showing farr with a prefix of SEARCH and the contents of clipboard.

so you are triggering the second one (which i think is ctrl+break by default, but can be disabled) instead of the first one (just break key by default).

you can customize or disable these from that tab.  let me know if that helps.

seurat01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 02:21 PM »
That appears to be the issue.  Did the hotkey assignments happen to change any time recently? 

As far as I can recall, I've always used Ctrl-Break and I only recently noticed that "Search" came up in the search box.

Thanks,

Wayne

awaymouser

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:44 PM »
i think it's always been the way it is now.