topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Yippy! Search... a new kid on the block (sort of)  (Read 2883 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yippy! Search... a new kid on the block (sort of)
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:16 AM »
In the FWIW Department...

I spent all day trying to find some information on Google and never found it.  Then I tried a search engine called...

[Click on the graphic.]

And found what I needed the first try!  Guess what was the search that was so difficult...

"Outlook 2010 next unread message"

No kidding, that's all it was and every other iteration I could think of to try.  FYI - I have no affiliation with Yippy.

PS - After a check on the DC search and finding no hits, I copied this from another thread to give it some better visibility.  FYI - this used to be www.clusty.com which was a "cluster" oriented search which served me well.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Yippy! Search... a new kid on the block (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I kinda like thier style...not thier website...but thier style.

Everywhere you look on thier site, there are sly little digs which are aimed (without specifically saying it) at google lol

Search the web from your couch without having to zoom in. Yippy Wii has been carefully designed from the ground up to address the issues we've discovered while browsing web sites with our Wii. Once you've entered your search terms, just click "OK" from the full-screen Wii keyboard and Yippy will process your query immediately without needing an additional click on the "Search" button. Point and click with confidence with large target areas for both search results and clouds!

It also chooses NOT to collect ANY results from Google:

(These are the details of where it pulled in data from with the keyword "google" {was trying to see if they blocked it lol})

Ask - Top 75 results retrieved out of 78,990,000 in 0.243 seconds.
Bing - Top 10 results retrieved out of 8,390,000 in 0.372 seconds.
NY Times - Top 3 results retrieved out of 3 in 0.018 seconds.
Open Directory - Top 50 results retrieved out of 1,540 in 0.135 seconds.
Sponsored Listings - No results retrieved in 0.005 seconds.
Yahoo! - Top 50 results retrieved out of 364,061,234 in 0.503 seconds.
Yahoo! News - Top 10 results retrieved out of 30 in 0.126 seconds.
yahoo-stocks - Top 1 results retrieved in 0.159 seconds.