topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2011 Release: cross-platform puzzle game - WhirlyWord  (Read 39224 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2011 Release: cross-platform puzzle game - WhirlyWord
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Right now it works like this:

when a word can be formed using the current letters, that word gets highlighted, and you can click it to get credits for it and this starts wheels spinning.

How i think it should work:

when a word can be formed using current letters, you automatically get credit for it (and words should be worth more i think!), and nothing happens.  then you can choose to keep making new words by adjusting wheels, etc.  and also add that for every 3 words you get within a spin you get an additional spin.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48 PM »
Wouldnt mind a new game/re-credit button :P Its getting annoying having to close and open when im finished haha.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 07:05 PM »
stephen has a point there.

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 03:49 AM »
Right now it works like this:

when a word can be formed using the current letters, that word gets highlighted, and you can click it to get credits for it and this starts wheels spinning.

How i think it should work:

when a word can be formed using current letters, you automatically get credit for it (and words should be worth more i think!), and nothing happens.  then you can choose to keep making new words by adjusting wheels, etc.  and also add that for every 3 words you get within a spin you get an additional spin.

I did originally have something similar to that, but it turned out to be too easy. Even if a simple word comes up, you may not want to choose that, if a really nice word is easily formed by nudging. The number of credits awarded is based on the length of the word, so you may want to build up some extra credits to help make the difficult words before choosing the easy words. Ooh: almost some strategy required  :-[