topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Explorer-Style List View?  (Read 4781 times)

wfunction

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Explorer-Style List View?
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Hi!

I've just downloaded the software and I've loved it so far.  :)  I'd like to give a little suggestion regarding the list view, and that is to make it an Explorer-style list view that is in Windows 7 -- the type that highlights in light blue, and selects in a little darker blue. The code for it is very simple; it's a one-line call to this function:
<code>
SetWindowTheme(hWndListView, "Explorer", NULL);
</code>
This would make the integration tighter with Windows and make the program even more visually appealing. :)

Thanks for the great program!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Explorer-Style List View?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:04 PM »
welcome to the site wfunction  :Thmbsup:
can you elaborate a little for me since i don't use windows 7 -- maybe attach a screenshot showing the light blue highlight and the dark blue selection, so i know what you have in mind?

wfunction

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Explorer-Style List View?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Thanks!  :)
Here's a couple of pictures, one showing the "classic" List View control (with the solid dark blue highlighting), and one showing the Windows 7 style (the light blue highlighting, plus the even lighter hover highlighting). It's really not that much of a difference, it would just look more like Windows Explorer.  :)
(I'm not quite sure how to show attached pictures yet, but they should be in the attachments; please let me know if they're not attached correctly.)
[PreWin7.png]
[Win7.png]
And thanks for the quick reply!!