topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Android to rip MP3 to ipod  (Read 2255 times)

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Android to rip MP3 to ipod
« on: May 09, 2010, 06:28 AM »
So, here's the scenario:
In June I'll be coming over to the USA for a 2 month holiday.
(on a side note, anyone want to meet up somewhere? Nashville, Austin, San francisco, LA, Vegas, Denver, Cheyenne)
I'll be travelling light, and I won't take my main laptop. So I wanted to get a really cheap and nasty netbook off ebay.
I checked ebay and I like those Android tablets (for about AUD$150). http://cgi.ebay.com....;hash=item2eacf356fd
Now since I'm likely to buy a lot of cds (I'm a music freak, Nashville for the country music festival, and sure to buy a lot of music), I want to rip these to my iPod Classic.
Now: does anyone know if:
I can hook up an external CD drive to the android tablet (it says it supports USB, but that might be to connect it to a PC)
I can rip music in any reasonable quality (600mhz [depending on model] will be slow, but do-able, and the ipod supports AAC and MP3)
THEN, can I transfer it to the iPod to play.

Also can I use the Ipod as an external HDD for extra storage (backup photos)?
The android on ebay has an SD slot which would read my camera card directly.

This is a bit of 'not what its meant for' but it looks worth a try since I have heard good things about Android, and want to play with it. (and it looks cool)

Any ideas?