topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Continuous/Repeating Goal/Task Tracker Website with API  (Read 3675 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Hello,

This idea may not qualify for a coding snack because it actually comes in a few parts, some of which might be simple enough to be a coding snack, but others I'm sure would likely require a much more involved process.

Part 1: What I'm looking for is a website that would allow a person to create an account under which the user could then set recurring tasks that can be checked off or tracked.

Ideally it would have an API so that a mobile app can be made for cell phones (I currently have an Android phone, so that would be my request).

So for example, I might have a goal of reading a book for 30 minutes each day. At the end of the day I could bring up my tracker and check off that I fulfilled the daily task.

But say I wanted to expand my social horizons and make new friends, so I might have a goal of talking to three new people a week. At the end of the week I could either have a boolean result (goal met or not) or a fraction (2 out of 3 talked to).

The idea is to make it very simple with only a few options for simplicity's sake. But to have a few options such as daily, weekly, and monthly tasks with boolean (check box) tracking or tally (2 out of 3) tracking.

Then the true beauty of the whole thing is that from the database kept, you could gather all sorts of statistical information, so you can track your progress and improvements over long periods of time.

I'm typing this all up from my cell phone at 2 AM (which I'm sure you can imagine takes quite a while) because I thought it was a great idea and didn't want to forget about it. I'll flesh out this post a bit more when I am at a PC with internet in the next day or two.

If you have any comments or questions, go ahead and post them, but please understand I know I didn't explain very well because that would take way too long on my mobile and I need to sleep, so as I said, this post will be fleshed out more in a day or two.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Continuous/Repeating Goal/Task Tracker Website with API
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Not what you are looking for, but has the basics and has been around for long enough to be established.

Joe's Goals - Free Online Habit Tracker

beta.thumbalizr.com.png