topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IDEA:Check for program exit and offer to close other programs  (Read 19913 times)

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA:Check for program exit and offer to close other programs
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 05:07 AM »
Did you try the latest v. 1.04 ?  I hit it twice now. It's working for me on Vista64 and 7.

Yes, I always to go to your site and download the latest and try it.. , its works ok, and I thank you for all your support...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:45 AM by paarkhi »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Glad it's working for you. :)

paarkhi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Thank you once again for all your support

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Updated to v. 1.06.  Only change is it kills it's own tray icon before calling the Tray Refresh function.  This should improve cleaning off dead icons.  Note that if you quit RunGroup via the Tray Menu it does not kill any of the apps it launched or clean the tray menu.  It just kills its own icon then quits.

edit: just more info, the "Tray Refresh" function that cleans off dead tray icons is just a function written by one of the programmers on the AutoIt3 Forum that moves the mouse over the tray to simulate doing it by hand to kick the dead icon off.  Since it moves the mouse I'm not sure if your chances of cleaning the tray are better or worse if you happen to be moving the mouse yourself at the same time.  It's just a macro thing and won't work in every case.

Just from messing with it myself, the way I have it set to call it twice with a pause in between, it seems to work at least 90% of the time.  I get the impression maybe one out of 20 it will leave my GigaGet dead tray icon still visible. Not bad for a macro gadget. :)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 06:51 PM by MilesAhead »