topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Special Clipboard  (Read 8654 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Special Clipboard
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:39 AM »
Special Clipboard

Acumulative clipboard

I would to know about depurative tools for texts. Perhaps an addon for word or a seperate tool.

I am looking for a special clipboard to sum the text passed to clipboard o allow to select discontinous zones of the text in the same operation to the clipboard.

Examples :

1. I have the text :

"this is my first text"

and then copy to clipboard

and this other text :

"My second text"

and also copy to clipboard

When I paste I obtain :

"This is my first text
My second text"

P.D. Perhaps an autohotkey script with Ditto ?

2. We usually select the text higlighting a copying to the clipboard.

If we have the text :

"This is my first text. Palabras no interesantes para copy. My second text"

Will be possible to select only the phrases :This is my first text  and My second text

and then paste where I need it.

Thanks
Excuse my language. I'm from Canary Islands

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Special Clipboard
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 02:55 AM »
I would love to have a tool like this too (but not for Word).

I would also like to be able to have an option to insert a separator string, like so: " - "

So the end result when pasted would be

"This is my first text - My second text"

This might be a great feature to add to CHS, a hotkey to combine the last 2 (or more) copied strings together, with option to insert the separator string between them.

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30 AM »
Clipmate will let you do that. You can turn on "Append Mode" and specify any separator character you want.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 07:57 AM »
I am looking for a special clipboard to sum the text passed to clipboard o allow to select discontinous zones of the text in the same operation to the clipboard.

item 1 is quite simple and can be done with ahk. check out the code snippet below in which you can append any selection into the clipboard. since i don't always want to append, the hotkey is set as win+c. normal copying is still control+c.

#c::
bak = %clipboard%
clipboard = ; Empty the clipboard
Send, ^c
ClipWait, 2
If ErrorLevel
{
    TrayTip,, The attempt to copy text onto the clipboard failed.,1
    SetTimer, RemoveTrayTip, 5000
    Return
}
clipboard = %bak%`r`n%clipboard%    ; insert a separator string here, if you wish
TrayTip, Insert key, Selection appended to clipboard., 1
SetTimer, RemoveTrayTip, 5000
Return

RemoveToolTip:
SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, Off
ToolTip
Sleep, 500
Return

however i'm not sure about the 2nd item.

mwang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48 AM »
P.D. Perhaps an autohotkey script with Ditto ?

If you're using Ditto already, wouldn't its multi-paste function suffice? (Select the entries from Ditto's popup menu and let Ditto paste all of them in sequence.)

I would also like to be able to have an option to insert a separator string, like so: " - "

Exactly what I like the most about Ditto's multi-paste. Contro wants a newline ([Enter]) between the clips, and you prefer " - ". When I'm copying citation information from Amazon (author, title, publication date, etc.) to put into a footnote for an academic paper, however, I want a ", " between the items.

Contro, sorry I don't understand your 2nd request.

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Contro,

Try Clipmate not sure about adding, " - ".

Advanced Clipboard Manager does that. It needs Java 6 and will store highlighted and 'Ctrl-c' and you can copy the, " - " from anywhere for a 'spacer'. Then you can enter, "sj" and "ENTER" to combine all in one continuous file. Then, "Ctrl-v" anywhere you want to paste it.

If you have WordPerfect, there is a macro named, "Clipper" that does all you want automatically and the 'spacer' can be set by you.

Windows Clipboard should work but it will need more clicking and pasting than the other methods.

KeyNote will automatically copy selections.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 05:51 PM »
ClipMate is really over the edge, for this "little" feature. Far too complex a program.

What if:
1'st copy: Ctrl+WinKey+1, second copy: Ctrl+WinKey+2, third copy: Ctrl+WinKey+3.
Final paste: Ctrl+WinKey+0
After this pasting this clipboard is and should be empty.

Maybe the seperating ",", "-"s could be the little obscure "," on the NumPad?

On my computer, Ctrl+WinKey+NumPad are not hotkeys already taken.

Possible?  :tellme:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:57 PM by Curt »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Contro,

Try Clipmate not sure about adding, " - ".

Advanced Clipboard Manager does that. It needs Java 6 and will store highlighted and 'Ctrl-c' and you can copy the, " - " from anywhere for a 'spacer'. Then you can enter, "sj" and "ENTER" to combine all in one continuous file. Then, "Ctrl-v" anywhere you want to paste it.

If you have WordPerfect, there is a macro named, "Clipper" that does all you want automatically and the 'spacer' can be set by you.

Windows Clipboard should work but it will need more clicking and pasting than the other methods.

KeyNote will automatically copy selections.

I'll try . Do you know if is compatible with Ditto ?. I am used to Ditto from one or two years....05.06.2007

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 04:29 PM »
ClipMate seems good.

And If you have only 15-20 minutes to decide, you can visit this fast tutorial. The program seems more complex as a fellow told upstairs (?)

ClipMate TutorialOnline

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Contro,
I don't know the, "Ditto" application. I have used ClipMate version 5 on older Windows and I like it a lot. Let me know if you have questions.
My wife has two cousins on Tenerife working with Cactus. I can't use names for privacy reasons. One visited here in Northern British Columbia a few years ago.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 07:23 PM »
Contro,
I don't know the, "Ditto" application. I have used ClipMate version 5 on older Windows and I like it a lot. Let me know if you have questions.
My wife has two cousins on Tenerife working with Cactus. I can't use names for privacy reasons. One visited here in Northern British Columbia a few years ago.

Sword. Ditto has quick keys for invoking the ten last clipcopies. Is equivalent to the shortkeys in clipmate ?

Cactus is a company ? Or is the name of the plants ?
Where they work : in Puerto de la Cruz, Orotava, Playa de las Américas.,,,,..... ?

:P

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Contro,
I use another clip capture application called Advanced Clipboard Manager. Any one should hold your, " - ", spacers, if that is what you are using it for, along with Clipmate. You can also just use a second or third copy of Windows WordPad on your desktop. You could have a lot of, " space, hyphen, space", sets and just paste in the word or words between the sets, from a copy of your original in one of the copies of WordPad, or to ClipMate, depending on what you find best.

The relatives have a farm/greenhouse outside of town that grows Cactus plants. I can't give any personal details.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 03:26 PM »
I'll take a look
Other program freeware in the same line is ClipX

Thankxxxxx