topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Commercial Application (Flipbook Printer)  (Read 12079 times)

kecparty

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Commercial Application (Flipbook Printer)
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Hi,

Do you know of a way to tie in the Flipbook printer with a paper cutter / slitter and have the output be collated for quick assembly. This would be necessary for a commercial application.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Commercial Application
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:39 PM »
I know that you can buy such cutters that will shop the page into business card sheets -- i've seen them being used for just this kind of application.  But i'm not familiar with the brands and models.  I don't think they do the collating, but you can set up Flipbook printer to print books in an order that makes it easy to cut a bunch of pages and just stack the sub-stacks, which should make it easy.

--

Please remember that the current licensing for Flipbook Printer forbids its commercial use without my explicit permission.

--

I have actually been discussing recently with people the possibility of selling the exclusive rights for commercial use of flipbook printer.

I get inquiries on a fairly regular basis by event coordinators and photographers about licensing it for commercial use, and I'm simply not in a good position to manage such licensing.  Others have expressed an interest in using it for larger volume promotional printings.

In short, I think the time has come for me to sell the commercial rights to the program, and I expect to do so by the end of the year.

It's possible (likely?) that whoever purchases the rights will want to license it to people who are interested in using the software for commercial purposes; and I'm happy to try to coordinate these interests while figuring out details of any sales.

I'm interested in finding a good owner for the software who can make good use of it, and ideally develop a longer term relationship that would involve improving the program and coding new related tools.

If you are interested in the use of Flipbook Printer you can email me ([email protected]).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:49 PM by mouser »

gtpcharles

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Commercial Application (Flipbook Printer)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Mouser,
How do we get your permission to use Flipbook printer to make books at events? 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Commercial Application (Flipbook Printer)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Email me ([email protected]).
I'm in the process of finding a buyer for the commercial rights to the software (free version will remain free for non-commercial use).  Whoever buys it will be licensing it to other event planners, etc.

[EDIT] The commercial rights to Flipbook Printer were sold in 2010; you can find more info on the Flipbook Printer web page.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:47 AM by mouser »