topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Rainmeter 1.0 Now Available  (Read 11432 times)

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Rainmeter 1.0 Now Available
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:53 AM »
A rather exciting development is coming for the desktop customizing world: with its first major update in over three years, Rainmeter is finally coming out of beta. And, among other things, it has a new Enigma upgrade built right in.

Among Rainmeter 1.0's numerous improvements:
- A built-in theme manager, RainThemes, to save and load your setups.
- Complete compatibility with Windows Vista and 7. (Your data is no longer stored in Program Files, which eliminates problems with UAC.)
- New visual options, such as text shadows, transformation matrices and improved anti-aliasing.
- Expanded plugin support for iTunes, WiFi and even Recycle Bin management.
- An official online forum at Rainmeter.net (http://www.rainmeter.net/forum/index.php) for support, discussion, third-party addons, tips and feature requests.

As for Enigma 2.5:
- Enigma is now the default skin for Rainmeter. It is available immediately after installing.
- No more code editing required: a new Configuration tool manages your personal settings, like Google account login, weather code and feed URLs, from a GUI interface.
- Sidebars and themes now scale to your screen resolution automatically.
- Reader skins now support RSS, Atom, Gmail inbox and Twitter.
- Music skin gets iTunes song information automatically; CD Art Display no longer required.
- Multiple new skins, including a miniature calendar, system uptime, wireless signal strength, and even your local sunrise/sunset times.
- Templates are now accessible from the theme manager.

More information at:
http://www.rainmeter.net

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 07:45 AM by sgtevmckay »

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
Re: Rainmeter 1.0 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:29 AM »
That looks pretty damn good! might give it a try...again.
Mouser is made of win and awesome!

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:33 AM »
you most certainly are welcome to do so, and if you hit any issues, need help, or just want to see what else is in the mix, we have a great forum growing forum  ;)

http://www.rainmeter.net/forum

If you have any questions, I can be found there regularly, shoot I can be found floating around here regularly   ;D

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:45 PM »
you most certainly are welcome to do so, and if you hit any issues, need help, or just want to see what else is in the mix, we have a great forum growing forum  ;)

http://www.rainmeter.net/forum

If you have any questions, I can be found there regularly, shoot I can be found floating around here regularly   ;D

I might just take you on that offer since i am about to install the program just now, btw are you a developer of Rainmeter?

EDIT: How do i see again the first config screen that appears right after installing Rainmeter? the one that lets you add widgets.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:56 PM by gexecuter »

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Apologies, I had to get about 12 and 3/4's winks, I pulled a 30+ hour day on the new release, and were not done yet  ;D

Am I an developer: No  8)
But I am a member of the Dev Team, and one of the forum site Admin.
My job: Go getter, Demolitions Man, Tutorials and Education, and the proverbial foot to rear-end motivator.
I have taken on the task of resurrection, now that that is accomplished, I want to ensure that Rainmeter moves forward as a community based effort.

if you follow the image below, all you need to do is right click on the Rainmeter systems tray icon, go to Config, and find the Enigma entry, follow through on the drop lists until you find HOME, click it and the start up page will appear.

If you require anything further, please do not hesitate to ask  :D

And above all else enjoy and have fun  :Thmbsup:

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:18 PM »
Apologies, I had to get about 12 and 3/4's winks, I pulled a 30+ hour day on the new release, and were not done yet  ;D

Am I an developer: No  8)
But I am a member of the Dev Team, and one of the forum site Admin.
My job: Go getter, Demolitions Man, Tutorials and Education, and the proverbial foot to rear-end motivator.
I have taken on the task of resurrection, now that that is accomplished, I want to ensure that Rainmeter moves forward as a community based effort.

if you follow the image below, all you need to do is right click on the Rainmeter systems tray icon, go to Config, and find the Enigma entry, follow through on the drop lists until you find HOME, click it and the start up page will appear.

If you require anything further, please do not hesitate to ask  :D

And above all else enjoy and have fun  :Thmbsup:

Thank you for your response, it was pretty easy in hindsight. After doing a little tweaking my desktop looks like this:

[attachthumb = 1][/attachthumb]

Two question if you are so kind to answer again, one: how do i make the bottom black bar dissapear so that only the indicators like used RAM remain? and two: do you know any good guides or wiki for Rainmeter that can prevent me from asking you this stuff all the time?

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 05:06 PM »
I am so sorry for teh delayed response. I have been incredibly busy with a work contract.

To answer teh questions:
To eliminate teh car there is 2 easy ways.
1.) Right click in teh bar field, and empty area, and go through the Menu until you find Close Skin.
2.) right click Rainmeter in teh systems tray and find the appropriate item and follow through teh drop menus until you find close skinFor instructional material on Rainmeter, there is teh help file that comes with Rainmeter, The forum (www.rainmeter.net/Forum), teh RainWiki in progress (www.rainmeter.net/rainwiki), there is the initial manual (http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/Rainmeter/Manual.html), a ton of documentation through LifeHacker, But I suggest the help file and the forum as a good starting point

Once again my apologies for my delay in response, and I hope to be a bit quicker in the future  :-[