topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anyone have a preference for PHP desktop apps?  (Read 2371 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone have a preference for PHP desktop apps?
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:59 PM »
PHP-GTK is OK, I guess - I like the price - & it's cross-platform, but it has a learning curve that I'd rather avoid. 

NuSphere's PHPDock looks nice, but the $149 price tag is a bit more than I really wanna spend.

Those are the only two I've found with a casual search - although I'm still searching.  Anyone know of or prefer a different beast?

What I want to do is to is to create a quick app to store hosting & domain stuff - locally, on a private box - and have it available on the desktop while I'm in the browser.  Multiple browser windows would work, but that solution is not attractive.  I can design the MySQL database & create a PHP script to display & manipulate it - that's a piece of cake. 

I could dust off the VB CDs, I guess, but that's just more junk on the HD for a fairly trivial effort, and I'm not interested in upgrading to the latest & greatest version, so I might have some OS issues.

What I'd really like to find is a fairly simple app that will read the PHP, apply it, and sit on the desktop all by its lonesome, just waiting for action - preferably w/o a three-digit price tag.