topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: need help sorting my photos  (Read 4314 times)

Mr.G

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
need help sorting my photos
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:55 AM »
good day,

i'm looking for a program, preferably freeware, that can help me sort through my RAW photos offline in preperation for uploading to stock sites.  i know there are alot out there, but i'm looking for recomendations on which one(s) i should really give a try. 

i do my editing on PS and Lightroom so i don't need the program for that.  i just need it to help me sort, tag and keyword, and group.  while helping me keep the model releases easy to find per photo. 

if it can auto resize my photos and help me keep track of pricing as well that would be a great plus.

if you know of any software like that please do share the wealth!

thanks,
   Luigi

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: need help sorting my photos
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:43 AM »
Are these photos of people primarily? I saw a Mac ad recently where they said their photo program does facial recognition, I wonder if there is PC software that does the same thing.

Mr.G

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:52 AM »
some will be of people, while others are of just stills.  yeah, mac compatible would be great, but regular windows software is what i'm really looking for.  any ideas?

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Picasa supposedly does facial recognition, but it's been years since I looked at that program.

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:57 PM »
@Mr.G:
Perhaps you should check out https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=11829.0 - the DC thread on photo duplicate scanners. Those tools in that thread are specifically designed to find duplicate and/or similar images.

Regarding image sorting apps, the only ones I know of are Photology at http://www.getphotology.com/index.html and ImageSorter at http://www.pixolution.de. Both mentioned softwares are freeware, but I cannot say if either software supports RAW formats.

awraynor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 09:59 AM »
I have used Directory Opus or NoClone 2007 for exact duplicates.  I also use Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder from mindgems.com and the similar Image Comparer from BolideSoftware.com.  The last two will let you search by percentage of similarity and many other values.  With my backups and syncing across computers I end up with many duplicates and it requires all of them in my case.