topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: useful snippets?  (Read 4239 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
useful snippets?
« on: May 10, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Is there anywhere to post useful snippets?  The Programming School forum is busted out into languages already but I don't know if snippet posting would be a distraction or disallowed?

I'm just thinking if somebody came up with a few lines of code, esp. something that harnesses a resource that might not be obvious, it might be useful.

As example of what I mean, I was trying to find a way to simulate associative arrays in AutoIt3 to make it easy to look up a text symbol using a more human readable key.  I ran into a discussion on AutoIt Forum making use of the Microsoft Scripting.Dictionary object that's already on Windows.  That simplified matching up key/item pairs instead of trying to mess with 2 dimensional arrays or some other more complex library.

Anyway, if snippet posting is allowed then I vote for an AutoIt3 language to be added to the compendium.  :up:

mnemonic

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • My website
    • Donate to Member
Re: useful snippets?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:06 PM »
There are the individual forums in each language, but nothing specifically for these kinds of snippets.

Seems like another reason for a Donationcoder wiki  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:49 PM »
There are the individual forums in each language, but nothing specifically for these kinds of snippets.

Seems like another reason for a Donationcoder wiki  :Thmbsup:

It should definitely be broken out into the programming language whatever container it's in.  Just thought the categories were already there with Programming School. Maybe it would increase the traffic too if people looked through trying to get a useful function or whatnot?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm just as I was getting psyched about having Associative Arrays in AutoIt3 on the cheap, I tried it in my program that starts with Windows.  It really bogs it during a fresh boot.  Oh well, guess you can't get something for nothing. :(