topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Uninstaller Roundup - Revo - Total - ZSoft & the less magnificent seven  (Read 32136 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
-nice2 (="nice feature"+"nice price")!

At this price I would say Revo Pro should be considered a very fine offer. However, I would still say it is a little clumsy to figure out how to use. But of course, I may not have demonstrated proper patience to read the f#¤*%¤g manual...

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have just tried the pro version since my first post on this thread, and as mentioned earlier, the pro feature seems to work by recording every change done to the system, on the filesystem and in the registry.  The trick is that if a background install occurs at the same time, uninstalling using the record of changes may yield to bad results.  Recorded changes can be optionally unselected at uninstall time, but this requires a thorough manual examination, and may not work in every situation.

So, I'll probably stay with the free version for now.
.merle1.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just saw your replies and wondered why I hadn't received notifications and then I saw these were all posted within a short period. So I didn't miss anything!

Thank you for the screen cap for that discount Merle1 - I hadn't noticed that here. Good eyes! Thank you also for your little mini-review of the differences you noticed. That feature (non-feature??) you warned about: this is a known issue? I would think that the developer would not make that the default and warn loudly about the potential problems with it. Of course maybe he has and I haven't seen it because I haven't installed the Pro version.

I'll have to take a closer look at the Pro version to see if there is anything that would be important to me.

Thanks again!

Jim

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
-nice2 (="nice feature"+"nice price")!

At this price I would say Revo Pro should be considered a very fine offer. However, I would still say it is a little clumsy to figure out how to use. But of course, I may not have demonstrated proper patience to read the f#¤*%¤g manual...

Same here, Curt. I thought I had the Hunter mode down pat and last year it changed some and I realized that I didn't really know enough about it at all!

Jim