topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 9:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Website design recommendations for a small business site?  (Read 27233 times)

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Website design recommendations for a small business site?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I see.  Well my idea would not require a CRM solution, but if you want that, I can see where that would be a significant problem.  I don't know that I could help you beyond putting you in touch with my friend who does the dynamic sites.  He may well have a junior programmer at his company that may cost less.

BTW - if it does become a fully customized site, perhaps the best way would be to create the site and put the text in dynamically via a text file tied to certain fields.  Kinda like CSS, but for the specific content?  Just a thought.  Maybe that is how the CRM systems work, I don't know.

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54 PM »
They are usually images- they are given as blank images, and you are given the fonts to put what you want on them yourself.  I usually convert them to photoshop format, then create a new layer for the text and any effects.  Then I save the psd files for later use and flatten them for the actual web images.

Look at this template for an example: http://www.4template...emplates/20/VA0113BL
And my website: http://www.ankhana.net

I apologize for replying so late. That was very, very helpful, thanks so much, wraith! (Fantastic choice of template for your site, too - really beautiful and fitting.)

I'm about ready to give up on Joomla and it looks like I'll just go with a static site again, so I might revisit those templates.

BuildaJoomlaWebsite

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 10:07 PM »

Joomla can take a little getting used to but I found some excellent videos to get you started at http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/ (they aren't free but only cost $10).

-Carol Haynes (April 21, 2009, 04:13 AM)
Hi Carol - thank you for mentioning my videos. By the way a revised version is now available and all 19 videos are free.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 02:11 PM »
You are welcome.  :D